Re: I have a question about gcc version.

On Tue, Oct 15, 2002 at 01:14:34PM +0900, Shin, Dong In wrote:
> Hello,
>
> My name is Shin, DongIn who is Technical Support Engineer of Tru64 UNIX in south Korea.
> my customer would like to install GCC version with Tru64 UNIX V5.1A + patch kit#3.
> i could not find out this information at http://gcc.gnu.org.
> please let me know what  GCC version can we install with  Tru64 UNIX V5.1A + patch kit#3 ?
> if possible, plese let me know GCC version table with each Tru64 UNIX versions that are V5.1 V5.1A and so on.

The GCC project provides source code, not binaries.  Information about
GCC on Tru64 UNIX is available in the alpha*-dec-osf* section of the
"Host/Target specific installation notes for GCC" at
http://gcc.gnu.org/install/specific.html.  There are reports of
successful builds on Tru64 UNIX in the GCC build status lists linked
from http://gcc/gnu.org/buildstat.html.  There are very few differences
between GCC 3.1 and 3.2, so build information for 3.1 will also apply
to 3.2.

As long as you build GCC on the same version of the operating system
as where it will be used, the OS version will not affect which version
of GCC can be used.

GCC distributions include installation instructions in the INSTALL
directory.  Read those carefully and you shouldn't have any problems.

Janis Johnson
IBM Linux Technology Center