Problem in configuring the ASN1 Compiler

Hi all,

I'm working on the design of Network Management Software for an SDH network, I've downloaded the ASN compiler from

http://www.iii.org.tw/portal/lab1/iiiasn1-2_1.tar.gz

and when I tried to configure it on RedHat Linux 7.1 it ended up with the following error message. Can any one of U pls help me out!!

checking for mawk... mawk
checking for gcc... gcc
checking for gcc... (cached) gcc
checking for executable suffix...
checking for object suffix... o
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking for c++... c++
checking whether c++ accepts -g... yes
checking dependency style of c++... gcc3
checking for ranlib... ranlib
checking how to run the C++ preprocessor... c++ -E
checking whether the environment variable CPLUS_INCLUDE_PATH work correctly... yes
checking whether the compiler implements namespaces... yes
checking whether the compiler supports Standard Template Library... yes
checking whether the STLport exists... no
checking whether the compiler supports boost/pool Library... no
configure: WARNING: This compiler does not support boost/pool Library, custom memory manager disabled
checking whether the compiler has ASNI compliant iostream... no
checking whether the compiler has wstring... no
configure: error: This compiler does not have a working wstring

The gcc which is in RedHat Linux 7.1 is gcc-2.96. but there is no details available on it in the

http://gcc.gnu.org

waiting for the solution...

Thanx in advance!
bye