Re: Code Optimization

I have checked the gcc manual and found some useful options.

I think I have not put my problem statement clearly, here it goes:
Basically my goal is to reduce the code footprint without significant
reduction in performance.
My application has a set of libraries and executables
- When I link them statically, the exe sizes increase
- When I make them shared libraries, the performance of my application is
affected drastically.

My Approach:
- Reduce library size
- Find a shared library solution that is efficient (Does not drastically
reduce performance, may be something Intermediate to shared and static
approach)

TIA,
taha