Re: Does anyone actually use GCC on Interix?

On Sat, 5 Oct 2002, Nathanael Nerode wrote:

> > Just to be clear you are talking about "interix" as opposed to
> > "interix3" right?
>
> Yes.  I am.

i686-pc-interix hasn't built, native or cross, for a very long time.

I always intended to sit down and patch it up but never found the time. (I
can't promise to find any time soon, either.) Microsoft deprecated it
themselves when they launched SFU/Interix 3: now I've got hold of that I'm
less bothered about plain Interix in any case, and an Interix 2 GCC would
never see production work here.

On the other hand, Interix 2.2 is very good test of absolute portability:
the OS itself is fairly minimal implementation missing symlinks, envp from
main(), etc. Very few open source packages build out of the box on it
(e.g. GNU make, CVS and openssl all don't).

Reading between the lines, GNAT have or had Interix 2 customers - is their
toolchain is in a better state than FSFs?

Rup.