Re: Does gcc 3.2 branch bootstrap on RedHat 7.3?

Andreas Tobler <toa@pop.agri.ch> writes:

> []
>> Mark, Andreas has identified your patch breaks both mainline and 3.2:
>> http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2002-10/msg00231.html
>> Shouldn't we revert it at least on the 3.2 branch?
>
> What is about the trunk? Do we wait?

According to our development rules, we wait 48 hours and then even
need some approval of two other developers:

    If a patch is committed which introduces a regression [1], on any
    target which the Steering Committee considers to be important [2],
    and the problem is reported to the original poster, and 48 hours
    pass without either the original poster or any other party
    indicating that a fix will be forthcoming in the very near future,
    and two people with write privileges to the affected area of the
    compiler determine that the best course of action is to revert the
    patch, then they may revert the patch.

But I do expect that Mark will be back from vacation on the 8th and
fix it immediatly.  The question is whether we wait so long or not.

Andreas
--
 Andreas Jaeger
  SuSE Labs aj@suse.de