Re: Is the gcc-3_3-branch creation still on target?

Jan Hubicka <jh@suse.cz> writes:

>> On Fri, 4 Oct 2002, Andreas Jaeger wrote:
>> > Just getting off-topic:
>> > Honza, I noticed you commit them this way:
>> >
>> > Thu Oct  3 23:15:15 CEST 2002  Jan Hubicka  <jh@suse.cz>
>> >
>> >         * i386.h (CPP_SPECS): fix defines for -msse, -msse2, -mpentium2,3.
>> >
>> > The rule is to mention the PR number so that everybody knows which
>> > report is fixed, in this case the ChangeLog should be:
>> >
>> > Thu Oct  3 23:15:15 CEST 2002  Jan Hubicka  <jh@suse.cz>
>> >
>> >         PR c/7242
>> >         * i386.h (CPP_SPECS): fix defines for -msse, -msse2, -mpentium2,3.
>> >
>> > Can you follow the example please?
>>
>> In fact, may I suggest you (Honza) update the ChangeLogs with these PR
>> numbers?
>
> Will do at begining of next week (remind me if I will forged, but I am
> adding this to the todo folder).
> The queue has been rather long after returning from the trip and many of
> the bugreports has been just fixed independently.
> I tried to mention it
> in each closing email, so I guess it is better to harvest these.
> I didn't know we want to track fixed bugreports. THis opens interesting
> problems, like what to do if I find that some bug has been fixed by old
> change. Should I update CHangeLog?  What to do in the case the testcase

The procedure is as far as I can see:
- you look at bug report no. c/X
- create a fix for bug c/X
- add to the ChangeLog: PR c/X

If you look at the report and notice it's fixed already, there's IMO
nothing for you to do.  Especially no need to commit a new ChangeLog.

> just works on the branch and I am unsure why?

I would simply ask ;-)

Andreas
--
 Andreas Jaeger