Re: Is the gcc-3_3-branch creation still on target?

> On Fri, 4 Oct 2002, Andreas Jaeger wrote:
> > Just getting off-topic:
> > Honza, I noticed you commit them this way:
> >
> > Thu Oct  3 23:15:15 CEST 2002  Jan Hubicka  <jh@suse.cz>
> >
> >         * i386.h (CPP_SPECS): fix defines for -msse, -msse2, -mpentium2,3.
> >
> > The rule is to mention the PR number so that everybody knows which
> > report is fixed, in this case the ChangeLog should be:
> >
> > Thu Oct  3 23:15:15 CEST 2002  Jan Hubicka  <jh@suse.cz>
> >
> >         PR c/7242
> >         * i386.h (CPP_SPECS): fix defines for -msse, -msse2, -mpentium2,3.
> >
> > Can you follow the example please?
>
> In fact, may I suggest you (Honza) update the ChangeLogs with these PR
> numbers?

Will do at begining of next week (remind me if I will forged, but I am
adding this to the todo folder).
The queue has been rather long after returning from the trip and many of
the bugreports has been just fixed independently.
I tried to mention it
in each closing email, so I guess it is better to harvest these.
I didn't know we want to track fixed bugreports. THis opens interesting
problems, like what to do if I find that some bug has been fixed by old
change. Should I update CHangeLog?  What to do in the case the testcase
just works on the branch and I am unsure why?

Honza