web page starting to show its age

There are several things about the web page gcc.gnu.org that are beginning
to show their age and should be revised.  Take the first paragraph:

"In April 1999, the egcs steering committee was appointed by the FSF as the
official GNU maintainer for GCC. At that time GCC was renamed from the
"GNU C Compiler" to the "GNU Compiler Collection" and received a new
mission statement."

This was highly relevant to people who visited the site using the old
egcs.cygnus.com name, or were trying to understand what happened with
the egcs/gcc merger, but that's three years old.

I can try to think up some new text to go here, but others may have ideas.
Also:

Current release series: GCC 3.2

should say
GCC 3.2 (released 2002-08-14) is the last 3.2 release.

Under the "Bugs" menu on the bottom left, many folks won't know what GNATS
means.  I suggest that the text be changed to "Bug database" or some such.