This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: trying to build cross compiler for powerpc w/x686 host - nocrti.o
- From: Eric Christopher <echristo at redhat dot com>
- To: James Brennan <jb at mercury dot acttechnico dot com>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: 03 Oct 2002 16:32:25 -0700
- Subject: Re: trying to build cross compiler for powerpc w/x686 host - nocrti.o
- References: <3D9CDE1D.firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Thu, 2002-10-03 at 17:17, James Brennan wrote:
> I built the compiler self hosted and then tried to use it to build for
> target=powerpc-linux-gnu, single thread,
> and a few other ways, but it stops at the same place, with ld
> complaining about no 'crti.o'
> the other ?crt*.o files seem to be there
> I guess this isn't supported, but wanted to check.
> The successful powerpc-linux-gnu build seems to be self hosted with debian.
You need to provide more information than you have:
a) What was your configure line
b) Did you use pre-built glibc for your cross compiler?
Yuppies wear socks.