This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: c/8131: Union of struct of union of struct bit field
- From: Philippe Trottier <ptrottier at invers dot fi>
- To: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Cc: nathan at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 3 Oct 2002 14:07:49 +0300
- Subject: Re: c/8131: Union of struct of union of struct bit field
I filed this bug, but seems the definition says it is not a bug.
Anyone here could tell me How to handle a case where 1 bit can decide
the format of a 32 bit word ?
Bit 0 type of data
If bit 0 = 0
Bit 1-15 Real
Bit 16 Timing mark
Bit 17-31 Imaginary
If bit 0 = 1
Bit 1-5 Real
Bit 16-31 Raw data
On Thursday, October 3, 2002, at 01:50 PM, email@example.com wrote:
Synopsis: Union of struct of union of struct bit field
State-Changed-When: Thu Oct 3 03:50:48 2002
not a bug. This is how things are defined