This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: RFAdvice - a couple of old lost Altivec patches
- From: Dale Johannesen <dalej at apple dot com>
- To: Zack Weinberg <zack at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: Dale Johannesen <dalej at apple dot com>, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 2 Oct 2002 15:39:34 -0700
- Subject: Re: RFAdvice - a couple of old lost Altivec patches
On Wednesday, October 2, 2002, at 03:33 PM, Zack Weinberg wrote:
I've been going through a customer's old 2.95+Altivec tree trying to
bring them up to 3.2....
The other is a bit hairier. The existing easy_vector_constant()
routine in rs6000.c only considers all-bits-zero easy. The patch adds
a whole bunch more bit patterns that are considered easy - I quote the
code below for reference. This is a clearly desirable feature; the
difficulty is, the routine is written to the old layout of
CONST_VECTOR. I'm having trouble figuring out how to update it for
the new one. Anyone have suggestions?
I can do better than that, we have it working. Unfortunately this patch
came originally from Motorola (according to my archive search here) and
is therefore off limits for FSF, last I heard.