Re: RFAdvice - a couple of old lost Altivec patches

On Wednesday, October 2, 2002, at 03:33 PM, Zack Weinberg wrote:

I've been going through a customer's old 2.95+Altivec tree trying to
bring them up to 3.2....
The other is a bit hairier.  The existing easy_vector_constant()
routine in rs6000.c only considers all-bits-zero easy.  The patch adds
a whole bunch more bit patterns that are considered easy - I quote the
code below for reference.  This is a clearly desirable feature; the
difficulty is, the routine is written to the old layout of
CONST_VECTOR.  I'm having trouble figuring out how to update it for
the new one.  Anyone have suggestions?
I can do better than that, we have it working.  Unfortunately this patch
came originally from Motorola (according to my archive search here) and
is therefore off limits for FSF, last I heard.