Re: if-conv problem....

That isn't a complete bug report.  You didn't mention what target you
configured gcc for.  You didn't mention what compiler options you used.
You didn't mention which if-conv pass you are looking at.  There are two of
them.

Also, a testcase that is easy to compile is most useful.  The testcase you
included has to be edited before it can be compiled, because it includes
line numbers.  It is easy to fix, but it is an unnecessary annoyance.

I can't reproduce your problem with current gcc sources configured for an
ia64-linux target using -O0, -O1, or -O2.  I'd guess the problem is that
the testcase is bogus.  Both a and c are uninitialized, and c is dead at
the end of the function.  Try changing the function name to "sub", making
a and c function parameters, and adding a statement to return c at the end
of the function.

Jim