Error on the development plan web page?

The web page http://gcc.gnu.org/develop.html, which contains the GCC
Development plan, has in the third paragraph of the section
"Development Methodology / Schedule / Rationale" the text

"[...] a branch will have to be maintained for four months. During two
of those months, the only mainline changes will be bug-fixes [...]"

I do not see how this follows from the previous text (and the text
further down in the section "Release Methodology").  It seems to me
that the release branch would have to be maintained for six months,
because releases are scheduled every six months.  If, however, the
release branch is to be maintained only for four months, then it will
not coincide with any stage 3 phase of the main branch, hence the
second sentence would be false.

-erik

--
Erik Schnetter <schnetter@uni-tuebingen.de>