This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Upgrade now ?
- From: prj at po dot cwru dot edu (Paul Jarc)
- To: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sat, 31 Aug 2002 05:01:20 -0400
- Subject: Re: Upgrade now ?
- Organization: What did you have in mind? A short, blunt, human pyramid?
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Dag Nygren <email@example.com> wrote:
> Have been running gcc 2.95.3 for ages here and it seems to
> work OK.
> Now I would like some advice on a possible upgrade.
I still use 2.95.3 whenever possible for two reasons: some code out
there (e.g., ncurses 5.2) won't compile with gcc 3; and gcc 3 seems to
miscompile gcc 2.95.3. (Using gcc 3 to build gcc 2.95.3 results in a
bootstrap comparison failure.)