This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Should java be enabled for non-IEEE FP architectures?
- From: Andrew Haley <aph at cambridge dot redhat dot com>
- To: Matt Thomas <matt at 3am-software dot com>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2002 09:05:48 +0100 (BST)
- Subject: Should java be enabled for non-IEEE FP architectures?
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Matt Thomas writes:
> Since Java specifies that it must use IEEE FP, should Java even
> be enabled on architecures that don't implement IEEE FP (such as
> the VAX)?
Sure, as long as it works. It's still a useful language.
However, I don't know that the FP code would work.