This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: GCC silently miscompiling code on x86
- From: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>
- To: Greg Schafer <gschafer at zip dot com dot au>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2002 12:04:43 -0700
- Subject: Re: GCC silently miscompiling code on x86
- References: <20020823085400.A6375@tigers-lfs.nsw.bigpond.net.au>
On Fri, Aug 23, 2002 at 08:54:00AM +1000, Greg Schafer wrote:
> This is very bad for i686. Many continue to get hit by this. H J Lu has
> proposed some patches but they remain unreviewed. Could somebody kindly
> take a look at these and get this sorted?
As far as I can tell, HJ's patch doesn't work. Certainly
it didn't change the output for the given test case at all.
I have a different patch that I started some time ago before I
left on vacation that fixes this bug, as well as the variable
sized structure copy bug as seen in execute/20020412-1.c.