This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Possible GPL violation?
- From: Fredrik Persson <frepe at bredband dot net>
- To: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2002 21:31:26 +0200
- Subject: Re: Possible GPL violation?
- References: <200208281905.MAA12489@atrus.synopsys.com>
Well, I'd think that the GPL, at least implicitly, speaks about some kind of
timeframe. Otherwise, they could tell me that "sure, we'll mail you the
source code, in 25-30 years."
On Wednesday 28 August 2002 21.05, Joe Buck wrote:
> It appears then that they include a written offer, which satisfies the
> GPL. It doesn't appear that the GPL provides any time limit to how fast
> they need to respond.