This is the mail archive of the gcc@gcc.gnu.org mailing list for the GCC project.


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]
Other format: [Raw text]

Re: Contacting Eric Christopher as MIPS port maintainer


Eric Christopher <echristo@redhat.com> writes:

| On Wed, 2002-08-28 at 11:25, Gabriel Dos Reis wrote:
| > "Eric Christopher" <echristo@redhat.com> writes:
| > 
| > | Anyhow, I've been getting mail so if Gaby can re-send his mail to me I'd
| > | appreciate it.
| > 
| > Thank your very much.  
| > 
| > Meanwhile, I got help from Daniel J. pointing out discrprency
| > 
| >    http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2002-08/msg01837.html
| > 
| > in configuration files.
| 
| Yup. What he posted is definitely correct :)
| 
| I'd just run into this when I was updating/building after vacation.
| 
| Ugh. Anyhow, if you need anything else let me know.

Given the above information, I'm working on a patch to have GCC
predefine various fundamental data types precision 

   __SHRT_BIT__  __INT_BIT__ __LONG_BIT__ __LONG_LONG_BIT__
   __WCHAR_BIT__ __FLOAT_BIT__ __DOUBLE_BIT__ _LONG_DOUBLE_BIT__

(available in the compiler) so that we don't have to second-guess them
in V3 or duplicate configuration files -- and therefore minimizing
chances to screw bits.  

Meanwhile, you might want to define 

  __glibcpp_char_bits
  __glibcpp_short_bits
  __glibcpp_int_bits
  __glibcpp_long_bits
  __glibcpp_long_long_bits
  __glibcpp_float_bits
  __glibcpp_double_bits
  __glibcpp_long_double_bits

in 

   libstdc++-v3/config/cpu/cpu_limits.h

if they differ from the generical ones in

  libstdc++-v3/include/std/std_limits.h

This discreprency have been there since GCC-3.0.x and it didn't show
up because we didn't have full support for numerical limits.
I'm sorry about that.

-- Gaby


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]