Re: RFC: attribute "unpadded"

>> Here is what I am going to do at this point: implement the extension,
>> and use it for myself.  I will check it in after GCC 3.3 branches --
>> unless a maintainer asks me not to do so.

Fergus> Implementing it as an extension might (currently) be the
Fergus> easiest way to implement a good test suite for the C++ ABI.
Fergus> So I would not object to it being added for that purpose.
Fergus> However, if there is no pressing *user* need for it, then I
Fergus> think it might be a mistake to document it as an offically
Fergus> supported extension at this point.

Is there another front end that can do layouts the way Mark requires
for testing?  For instance, could treelang be used instead of
extending C?  (I've never looked at treelang, so this may be
completely off the wall.)

Tom