This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: --enable-c-mbchar weirdness
- From: Zack Weinberg <zack at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Arkadiusz Miskiewicz <misiek at pld dot ORG dot PL>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2002 09:23:45 -0700
- Subject: Re: --enable-c-mbchar weirdness
- References: <email@example.com>
On Tue, Aug 27, 2002 at 04:18:00PM +0200, Arkadiusz Miskiewicz wrote:
> Is this how --enable-c-mbchar is supposed to work? Different
> result of compilation depending on used locale? Strange...
Yes, unfortunately, we do not yet have a way for source files to
indicate their encoding. Also, --enable-c-mbchar has gone unused for
a long time and is therefore likely to have bugs. It appeared that
with LC_ALL set to pl_PL the string was mangled -- if so, could I
trouble you to investigate further and try to find out why?