Re: C++ ABI Issues

--On Tuesday, August 27, 2002 08:26:58 AM +0200 Jakub Jelinek <jakub@redhat.com> wrote:

On Mon, Aug 26, 2002 at 05:10:19PM -0700, Joe Buck wrote:
A more controversial possibility is to add an *option* to correct the
ABI bugs in 3.2.1, but make 3.2 compatibility the default.  I'm less
sure whether this is the right approach; we should first try to determine
how pervasive this problem is.  One possibility: do the ABI-warning
patch, ask our friends at Red Hat, Debian, and FreeBSD to build their
whole distributions+ports with it and see how many warnings we get.  If
it
This is what we at Red Hat are about to do today.
I was going to work on patches to do this; are you actually already working
on them?  If so, I'd prefer not to duplicate your work.

Thanks,