This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: C++ ABI Issues
- From: Mark Mitchell <mark at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>, Joe Buck <Joe dot Buck at synopsys dot com>
- Cc: "gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2002 23:55:40 -0700
- Subject: Re: C++ ABI Issues
--On Tuesday, August 27, 2002 08:26:58 AM +0200 Jakub Jelinek
On Mon, Aug 26, 2002 at 05:10:19PM -0700, Joe Buck wrote:
A more controversial possibility is to add an *option* to correct the
ABI bugs in 3.2.1, but make 3.2 compatibility the default. I'm less
sure whether this is the right approach; we should first try to determine
how pervasive this problem is. One possibility: do the ABI-warning
patch, ask our friends at Red Hat, Debian, and FreeBSD to build their
whole distributions+ports with it and see how many warnings we get. If
This is what we at Red Hat are about to do today.
I was going to work on patches to do this; are you actually already working
on them? If so, I'd prefer not to duplicate your work.
Mark Mitchell firstname.lastname@example.org
CodeSourcery, LLC http://www.codesourcery.com