This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: gcc error messages
- From: Neil Booth <neil at daikokuya dot co dot uk>
- To: Peter Fraser <pjf at thinkage dot ca>
- Cc: "'gcc at gnu dot org'" <gcc at gnu dot org>
- Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2002 20:48:30 +0100
- Subject: Re: gcc error messages
- References: <A32B8EF9E761534382645A4ED4045AF70178C7@mailx.thinkage.ca>
Peter Fraser wrote:-
> But in the case of "enum"s with a large number
> of members. A simple syntax error can ending
> generating a vast number of useless warning
> messages. In my case an extra '}' ended up
> generating over 500 lines of warning messages.
Indeed. Listing the enums in a single diagnostic seems