Re: RFC: attribute "unpadded"

>>>>> "Mark" == Mark Mitchell <mark@codesourcery.com> writes:
 Mark> My proposal doesn't "do violence" to the type system; it simply
 Mark> adds a class of types for which certain actions are not
 Mark> allowed, such as the creation of arrays of these types.

What I meant is: as far as I know, C has never had types that have
this sort of properties, so the new class is unlike normal C types.
And the restrictions are of a kind that a lot of C programmers would
probably find rather surprising.  (It's not that they don't make sense
if you analyze what is going on.  But C, nor for that matter any of
the half dozen or so languages I can think of, doesn't have any types
that aren't permitted as array elements.)

     paul