This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Language-independent functions-as-trees representation
- From: dewar at gnat dot com (Robert Dewar)
- To: dewar at gnat dot com, neil at daikokuya dot co dot uk
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, jason at redhat dot com
- Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2002 21:20:04 -0400 (EDT)
- Subject: Re: Language-independent functions-as-trees representation
> Figuring out line numbers is painful if all you have is a character
> offset into the preprocessed source, or something similar.
Why? All you need is a sorted line table and you do binary searches. This
is the way things are done in GNAT, and it works just fine.