This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Language-independent functions-as-trees representation
- From: kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu (Richard Kenner)
- To: neil at daikokuya dot co dot uk
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Fri, 23 Aug 02 18:25:35 EDT
- Subject: Re: Language-independent functions-as-trees representation
Figuring out line numbers is painful if all you have is a character
offset into the preprocessed source, or something similar.
Why? You make a map from line number to starting character number and
do a binary search.