This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Language-independent functions-as-trees representation
- From: Neil Booth <neil at daikokuya dot co dot uk>
- To: Robert Dewar <dewar at gnat dot com>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, jason at redhat dot com
- Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2002 23:21:22 +0100
- Subject: Re: Language-independent functions-as-trees representation
- References: <20020823213517.12843F2D97@nile.gnat.com>
Robert Dewar wrote:-
> Of course! That's why my message said 4 gigabytes of sources and not
> four gigalines.
> But Four thousand million characrters of sourcers is a heck of a lot.
> This is typically a hundred million lines of source. I doubt there are
> any programs in existence where a single compilation requires a hundred
> million lines of source!
Figuring out line numbers is painful if all you have is a character
offset into the preprocessed source, or something similar.