Re: RFC: attribute "unpadded"

I agree.  I've been looking into ways to test compiler consistency.  I
started writing up the issues involved and possible testing approaches
(see http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2002-08/msg01251.html) and plan to turn
that into useful documentation, as well as a place to record what
testing is available.  If this is redundant with your efforts then I'd
like to know soon so I can work on something else instead.
We believe that the work we're doing will be very comprehensive, but it
would be presumptuous to say that anything you're doing be redundant.

Will your testsuite itself be available to GCC developers, or just the
results that you get by running it yourself on a limited number of
platforms?
We don't know the answer to that yet.

--
Mark Mitchell