This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: RFC: attribute "unpadded"
- From: Mark Mitchell <mark at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Janis Johnson <janis187 at us dot ibm dot com>, Benjamin Kosnik <bkoz at redhat dot com>
- Cc: "gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2002 18:37:52 -0000
- Subject: Re: RFC: attribute "unpadded"
I agree. I've been looking into ways to test compiler consistency. I
started writing up the issues involved and possible testing approaches
(see http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2002-08/msg01251.html) and plan to turn
that into useful documentation, as well as a place to record what
testing is available. If this is redundant with your efforts then I'd
like to know soon so I can work on something else instead.
We believe that the work we're doing will be very comprehensive, but it
would be presumptuous to say that anything you're doing be redundant.
Will your testsuite itself be available to GCC developers, or just the
results that you get by running it yourself on a limited number of
We don't know the answer to that yet.