This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: RFC: attribute "unpadded"
- From: Mark Mitchell <mark at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Andrew Haley <aph at cambridge dot redhat dot com>
- Cc: "gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2002 17:48:53 -0000
- Subject: Re: RFC: attribute "unpadded"
--On Friday, August 23, 2002 6:49 PM +0100 Andrew Haley
Documenting the semantics of (attribute "unpadded") and (attribute
"aligned") and (attribute "packed") and the way that they interact in
a way that is comprehensible to a programmer will present some poor
soul with quite a challenge.
That would be me, I expect.
Your underlying point (that this is all very complex) is correct.