This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Bytes order and words order
- From: Michael S. Zick <mszick at goquest dot com>
- To: Gabriel Dos Reis <gdr at integrable-solutions dot net>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2002 08:20:00 -0500
- Subject: Re: Bytes order and words order
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Friday 23 August 2002 06:01 am, you wrote:
> Supports for floating-point data types in the C++ runtime system
> require me to know the bytes and words orders used by the target. I
> would like to have means for the front-end or driver to pass those
> information down to the library. I think a minimal path would be for
> CPP to define some macros like
> -D__TARGET_BYTES_ORDER__=__BIG_ENDIAN__ (or __LITTLE_ENDIAN__)
> -D__TARGET_WORDS_ORDER__=__BIG_ENDIAN__ (or __LITTLE_ENDIAN__)
> with, for example, __LITTLE_ENDIAN__ and __BIG_ENDIAN__ predefined to 0
> and 1 respectivelly. The same set of macros would be needed for the
> host in case of cross-compiling.
Also the same set of macros for the build target, please.