no faq?!

hello,

I have a problem with gcc and could not found
the answer. is there any faq-list anywhere?
maybe you can answer my question immediately:

i tried to compile and link a c-source using gcc.
the source code includes following functions:
gethostbyname() and inet_ntoa()

but i don't know, which library/libraries I
have to use. how can i find out, which library i
have to use? is there any list?

used command: gcc holeip.c -o holeip
i tried it with option -lsocket, but it
seems to be the wrong lib