This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Error while Building gcc 2.95.3 on AIX 4.3
- From: David Edelsohn <dje at watson dot ibm dot com>
- To: "Abhijit H. Bhosale" <abhibhosale at yahoo dot co dot uk>
- Cc: gcc <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>, "Nikhil R. Deshpande" <nikhil_deshpande at persistent dot co dot in>
- Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2002 01:14:16 -0400
- Subject: Re: Error while Building gcc 2.95.3 on AIX 4.3
>>>>> Abhijit H Bhosale writes:
Abhijit> Following error thrown when I was trying to build gcc 2.95.3
Abhijit> I am working on AIX 18.104.22.168
Abhijit> The configuration options used to build gcc 2.95.3 are
Abhijit> What can be the reason of the error and how should I relolve it?
GCC 2.95.3 does not support shared library libstdc++ on AIX and
overriding the default thread support does not help either. If you cannot
use the default configuration, you cannot use GCC 2.95.3. You should
never need to use --enable-threads=XXX, period. Use GCC 3.2 instead.