This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Optimizer questions/issues with EBCDIC i370/s390 modes.
- From: David Edelsohn <dje at watson dot ibm dot com>
- To: dpitts at cozx dot com
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2002 22:02:29 -0400
- Subject: Re: Optimizer questions/issues with EBCDIC i370/s390 modes.
>>>>> Dave Pitts writes:
Dave> The s390 mode doesn't have any longlong.h entries. I'll have to think
Dave> about this one.
Dave> Any idea who wrote these macros? They may have some insight.
Maybe Kenner or Marist or MKS or whoever did the original i370
port. I would not look to the original author for help.
Inline asm is very similar to the MD file patterns. I didn't mean
look at longlong.h for S/390, I meant look at s390.md and i370.md to see
how they handled the "MR" multiply instruction constraints.
Maybe it just needs "d" DATA_REGS constraints instead of "r"?