Re: Faster compilation speed

    This is the one of the huge (of many) problems with GC as it currently
    is implemented.  Different tree and RTL types land on different pages
    so when you walk a "SET" for example, the MEM and REG objects
    contained within will be on different pages and this costs a lot
    especially on modern processors.  Our page working set is huge as a
    result of this.

True if you only walk *one* SET, but normally you walk a whole bunch,
each of which have MEM and REG objects.  So I disagree this adds to
the working set size.