This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: gcc 3.2 on Solaris 8 (libgcc_s.so problem)
- From: Bernd Jendrissek <berndj at prism dot co dot za>
- To: Anthony Feick <afeick at hotmail dot com>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2002 12:15:02 +0200
- Subject: Re: gcc 3.2 on Solaris 8 (libgcc_s.so problem)
- References: <F2635HwiyGmiJjpTI970001ec69@hotmail.com>
On Tue, Aug 20, 2002 at 10:35:26AM -0500, Anthony Feick wrote:
> Are you sure these are the 32 bit libraries? I tried just moving them into
> local/lib, but libgcc_s.so.1 segfaults instantly.
> (gdb) bt
> #0 __register_frame_info_bases (begin=0xff2b0000, ob=0xff2b0000, tbase=0x0,
> at ../../gcc-3.2/gcc/unwind-dw2-fde.c:83
> #1 0xff2b16c8 in frame_dummy () from /users/afeick/local/lib/libgcc_s.so.1
> #2 0xff2b15b0 in _init () from /users/afeick/local/lib/libgcc_s.so.1
IOW very early in libgcc_s.so.1
A while back I almost lost my mind trying to figure out why my libgcc_s.so.1
segfaulted instantly (actually, anything compiled with the newly compiled
It turns out that while installing the compiler, I had stripped crtstuff.