This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Faster compilation speed
- From: "David S. Miller" <davem at redhat dot com>
- To: tej at melbpc dot org dot au
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2002 13:58:17 -0700 (PDT)
- Subject: Re: Faster compilation speed
- References: <3D62B02A.82770A87@melbpc.org.au>
From: Tim Josling <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2002 07:10:02 +1000
This is consistent with my tests; I found that a simplistic allocation which
put everything on the same page, but which never freed anything, actually
bootstrapped GCC faster than the standard GC.
ROFL, thanks for doing such a test. :-)