This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Simple string test program
- From: Phil Edwards <phil at jaj dot com>
- To: Tabakovic Arnes <arnes dot tabakovic at sbi dot ch>
- Cc: "'gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org'" <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2002 14:49:30 -0400
- Subject: Re: Simple string test program
- References: <312AD305965BD311A39900508B448F59455F6D@CHBS-SBI-NT01>
On Tue, Aug 20, 2002 at 11:32:54AM +0200, Tabakovic Arnes wrote:
> I am using the latest version of libstd++ and SGI stl to compile a small
> program using gcc compiler.
Both libraries do the same thing. Use one or the other, not both.
I would therefore like to posit that computing's central challenge, viz. "How
not to make a mess of it," has /not/ been met.
- Edsger Dijkstra, 1930-2002