This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: IRIX 6.5 bootstrap failure....
- From: Bob Jamison <rjamison at lincom-asg dot com>
- To: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Cc: "Thomas J Amato" <Thomas_J_Amato at raytheon dot com>
- Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2002 13:30:43 -0500
- Subject: Re: IRIX 6.5 bootstrap failure....
./configure --prefix=/usr/local --with-as=/opt/MIPSpro/bin/as
--with-ld=/usr/local/bin/ld --enable-threads=posix --enable-languages=c,c++
On Irix, you need to use the Irix linker. On my machine, it's at
The way I got this to work, was to download the freeware.sgi.com version of gcc,
configure, build, like:
env CC=/usr/freeware/bin/gcc ./configure
Since -that- uses the Irix linker, hopefully your new build will, too.
I think theirs installs to /usr/freeware, but once you do this, you will have
gcc in its "proper" place at /usr/local. Once you have the gcc toolchain
installed at /usr/local, you can delete the /usr/freeware stuff.