Re: 3.1.1: hash_map don't work

On Mon, Aug 19, 2002 at 09:53:36PM -0400, Igor Markov wrote:

>     Ok, thanks -- that worked.
>     Is there a document with such gotchas?

http://gcc.gnu.org/libstdc++/

The FAQ contains changes.  The extensions page lists things such as hash_map.
The source documentation lists the contents of namespaces.  All of these
show up in searches.

>     For gcc developers:
>      If at all possible, it would be nice for g++
>      to be more intelligent with error diagnostics
>      in such cases. Having moved things around,
>      it would make sense to add some code to intercept
>      obvious error messages and add clarifications.

It's difficult to do so correctly and consistently, and easy to get it wrong.
People are welcome to contribute such a thing, but the developers have limited
time and are not likely to write such wrappers.

Phil

                                                 - Edsger Dijkstra, 1930-2002