This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: GNU web site links to old GCC home page
- From: Phil Edwards <phil at jaj dot com>
- To: "Howard B. Golden" <howard_b_golden at yahoo dot com>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, webmaster at gnu dot org
- Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2002 14:31:16 -0400
- Subject: Re: GNU web site links to old GCC home page
- References: <email@example.com>
On Sat, Aug 17, 2002 at 01:13:54AM -0700, Howard B. Golden wrote:
> >From the GNU web site, there is a link to
> http://www.gnu.org/software/gcc/gcc.html which is last modified on
> 2002-07-24. Your mailing list refers to http://gcc.gnu.org/ as the GCC home
> page, which is last modified 2002-08-15. This confused me, since I followed
> the GNU link and kept getting old info. I suggest you synchronize the pages
> or change the GNU link. Thanks.
firstname.lastname@example.org only controls the gcc.gnu.org website, not the www.gnu.org
site. I've copied this message to the gnu.org (FSF) admins. (I think
the synchronization is automatic, but could be wrong.)
I would therefore like to posit that computing's central challenge, viz. "How
not to make a mess of it," has /not/ been met.
- Edsger Dijkstra, 1930-2002