This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: bug in libstdc++ bitset
- From: Phil Edwards <phil at jaj dot com>
- To: Ed Parcell <ed at edparcell dot com>
- Cc: gcc at gnu dot org
- Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2002 10:57:12 -0400
- Subject: Re: bug in libstdc++ bitset
- References: <1029762313.2239.2.camel@tedlinux>
On Mon, Aug 19, 2002 at 02:05:12PM +0100, Ed Parcell wrote:
> Sorry that this is almost definitely the wrong place to send this to.
> I am using libstdc++ in the debian package libstdc++2.10, which has the
> description "This is not a final release, but taken from the CVS
> (dated 2001-10-02)".
The 2.x series hasn't been maintained in quite some time. The 3.x library
is a complete rewrite.
I would therefore like to posit that computing's central challenge, viz. "How
not to make a mess of it," has /not/ been met.
- Edsger Dijkstra, 1930-2002