Re: A FrontEnd in C++?

On Monday 19 August 2002 04:14 am, Gabriel Dos Reis wrote:
> Zack Weinberg <zack@codesourcery.com> writes:
>
> It is far from clear that those problems aren't deficiencies in the
> GCC's own architecture; any project that would make it possible to use
> the targetted language as an implementation language for front-ends
> should be highly encouraged IMSHO.

I am currently rewriting the "install" directions, BUT...

As a "background task" pre-thinking those gcc-Makefiles...
I have gotten as far in the outline of their structure (to be) that I can
agree with Gabriel - the first (stage0?) compiler should be buildable from
and collection of multiple compilers (as far as the Makefiles are concerned
that is).

First, though, I need to get the "install directions" caught up with the
current situation before I out-date them with a different set of Makefiles.

Mike