This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Faster compilation speed
- From: Michael S. Zick <mszick at goquest dot com>
- To: Mat Hounsell <mat_geek at yahoo dot com dot au>,gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sun, 18 Aug 2002 08:26:50 -0500
- Subject: Re: Faster compilation speed
- References: <email@example.com>
On Sunday 18 August 2002 12:23 am, Mat Hounsell wrote:
> > "From the projects I've worked on most software is devided into modules
> > and
> each module has common headers and options and generally several files. As
> A better solution would be to develop a GCC language frontend that took
> compiler commands and ran them, while maintain the information from the
> last command.
That front-end already exists; or, at least a substitute; it's called "make"
on most systems.