Re: Problem with PFE approach [Was: Faster compilation speed]

On Sat, 17 Aug 2002, Timothy J. Wood wrote:

>    So, another problem with PFE that I've noticed after working with it
> for a while...
>
>    If you put all your commonly used headers in a PFE, then changing any
> of these headers causes the PFE header to considered changed.  And,
> since this header is imported into every single file in your project,
> you end up in a situation where changing any header causes the entire
> project to be rebuilt.

Um, this header should *not* be explicitly included in the files.
It's *prefix* header.

The only thing that would need to be rebuilt in this case is the prefix
header.
Everything else that would normally not be rebuilt will not be rebuilt.

IE the only thing extra that gets rebuilt is the prefix header.