This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: version script?
- From: Mike Stump <mrs at apple dot com>
- To: Rayson Ho <raysonlogin at yahoo dot com>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2002 11:11:34 -0700
- Subject: Re: version script?
On Friday, August 16, 2002, at 08:49 AM, Rayson Ho wrote:
If you dynamically load the object, you can arrange for none of the
symbols to be visible. man dlopen.
I want to limit the number of symbols that are visible in my shared
object (to avoid dup. symbols and faster runtime). I looked up the man
page and could only find the "version script" option...
Further, you can arbitrarily manage symbols with ld, see all of the ld
documentation. For further information about ld, ask on the binutils