Re: Faster compilation speed

--- Joe Wilson <developir@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I was thinking the same thing, except without
> introducing new pragmas.
> You could do the common (header) code precompiling
> only for modules listed
> on the commandline without having to save state to a
> file-based code
> respository.  i.e.:
>
>  g++ -c [flags] module1.cpp module2.cpp module3.cpp

Me, too, but not to the same extent as you guys :-)

> But compiling groups of modules at one time is
> contrary to the way most
> makefiles work, so it might not be practical.

I think many build systems are starting to have to
deal with this issue due to Java.  IMHO, although I
love make, new build requirements (eg multiple targets
from one or more dependencies, target names chosen by
the compiler, ...) are making it obsolete.

Noel