Re: Successful gcc 3.2 build and install

On Thu, Aug 15, 2002 at 07:52:40PM +0100, Dan Towner wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Release 3.2 successfully built and installed (for C/C++) on
>
> Intel x86
> Linux ver 2.4.2-2smp (Redhat)
> glibc-2.2.2-10
>
> Used to successfully bootstrap gcc cross compiler, and rebuild
> picoChip's application software.

I'm confused by your terminology.  A GCC bootstrap consists of three
builds of the C compiler, the last of which is used to build the rest of
the compilers, which are used to build the libraries.  A cross compiler
build starts with a recent GCC to do a single build of the cross
compiler(s), which run on a host machine and generate code to run on a
target machine.  Are you reporting a successful bootstrap of GCC 3.2 for
i[3456]86-pc-linux-gnu, or the successful build of a cross compiler, or
both?

If your report is for a bootstrap, please let me know the output of
config.guess, or for which specific x86 cpu you configured the build,
and I'll add it to the GCC 3.2 build status list.

Janis