Re: Faster compilation speed [zone allocation]

Hi,

On 15 Aug 2002, Aldy Hernandez wrote:

> This is just an idea, why doesn't someone hack the GC to never
> collect, and then we can really find out how much is to be gained by a
> refcounter, or no GC at all, etc.

To switch off GC doesn't necessarily bring anything, except that GC isn't
done.  But the allocated memory still has the same locality as before
(i.e. if it's the reason for bad performance now, that will still be the
case if we switch off GC).  I.e. it wouldn't proove anything.

Ciao,
Michael.