Re: Faster compilation speed [zone allocation]

Aldy> This is just an idea, why doesn't someone hack the GC to never
Aldy> collect, and then we can really find out how much is to be gained by a
Aldy> refcounter, or no GC at all, etc.

Aldy> Why go down this path, if we're not even sure it'll improve anything
Aldy> (well, that much anyhow).

	Because the problem is not the garbage collection, its the
allocation pattern.  The proposal to use reference counting allows GCC to
switch to an allocator with better locality -- it's a requirement for the
underlying improvement, not a fix unto itself.

David