Re: gengtype vs ObjC++

Stan Shebs <shebs@apple.com> writes:

> While everybody else gets to work on compiler speedup :-), I'm stuck
> with the somewhat mundane task of getting our ObjC++ implementation
> to work with gengtype machinery.  Conceptually, it's simple; ObjC++
> just needs to be able to trace all the roots in Objective-C, plus
> all the roots in C++, effectively a union of gtype-objc.h and
> gtype-cp.h.

I don't think this last sentence is helpful.  gengtype doesn't operate
by combining two other languages to get a third; it just looks to see
what roots are used by each particular language.  List in $gtfiles the
actual files used by the language that have GTY markers, except for
backend files (they're supplied automatically).

Some code samples (and exact copies of error messages) would help
better explain any remaining problems you're seeing.

--
- Geoffrey Keating <geoffk@geoffk.org> <geoffk@redhat.com>