This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: create less temporary rtl
- From: Segher Boessenkool <segher at chello dot nl>
- To: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2002 02:23:06 +0200
- Subject: Re: create less temporary rtl
- References: <3D589E09.3B28315C@chello.nl> <20020813193937.C23595@redhat.com>
Richard Henderson wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 13, 2002 at 07:50:01AM +0200, Segher Boessenkool wrote:
> > I'm sure I got all the details wrong (and the indenting, too); but it
> > bootstraps fine (on gnu-linux-powerpc), and is a full minute faster on
> > bootstrap, too. On some files (expr.c), it saves more than 10% compilation
> > time.
> You need to look on gcc mainline, in which this has already been fixed.
Whoops. I downloaded a snapshot, thinking it came from mainline. Ouch.
Is there anywhere to download a mainline snapshot? CVS is extremely painful
on my current network connection (dialup. ouch.)
Thanks for the patch review, and I hope my next patch will be less of a waste